Monday, January 26, 2015

Jack Crevaille

No one eats these, but some have tried and they liked them.  They have to be bled at the boat and then the blood vein needs to be removed when cleaning.

One commenter put it this way



"Much to my surprise after a couple hours in the buttermilk it was a nice light pink color and the milk was red! I season all my fish the same. Alot of garlic powder, a little pepper, after a little rub down with the olive oil then on to grill it goes for as short a time as possible to flake with a fork. She told all she could about the best fish she had tasted. She did not remember the type of fish at the time and when she started telling those people what it was, she got the funniest looks. I feel 9 out of 10 folks who say it is inedible have only heard that from someone else. there was even an article in Florida Sportsman kitchen about jack recipes but they looked to goumet for my simpleton cooking methods!"

No comments:

Post a Comment