Saturday, December 27, 2014

Eating porgy and a red drum

I cooked porgy for breakfast.  They don't compare in flavor to the black drum and the sheepshead, but they were good.  I cooked them like I cook bluegills at home.  I thought they might taste like white perch, but they did not.  Still they were not very strong and with lime and pepper, I sure liked them.  I have enough for one more breakfast meal.  These are fish Captain Rick would never keep,but I keep them and I clean them.  I did that first thing this morning.

Then I took one of the large red drum and baked it.  400 degrees until it flakes easily.  I filled it with lime and lemon and put some in slices on the fish and then put olive oil over the fish.  It was just wonderful.




I took out some of the back teeth that are found really far in the mouth, close to the gills.  I thought they looked cool.  They are grinding teeth.  If  all works out, I'll make a poker card protector from them.  First I baked them with the fish in aluminum foil.  Then I tooth brushed out the fish meat and salted the bones for good drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment