Friday, December 26, 2014

Fishing in the Gulf of Mexico

I did post on Facebook, but it is so much harder to post there than here.  I get lost in it and end up losing whole bits I write or photo groups I've worked on.  Facebook contacts many of my friends, but it does get very frustrating and I can't reorganize things.

This is much better, but I have no audience.

Here are all the photos we took.  I'll edit them later.


It was cold in the morning, but this year we were ready. Captain Rick took us right to fish. We expected the sheepshead, but the Black Drum were a surprise and the number of fish was very unusual. Some of the these fish approach 8 pounds. Jenn caught the biggest. It was fun watching her trying to fight them in. Action was constant. There were few times when nothing was happening. The fish we kept were only half the fish we caught and the catch spread out on the table does not inlcude a bag full of small porgy that I am cleaning tomorrow. At home we pigged out on breaded and fried fillets. I have large whole fish to bakd. An amazing day really. I caught a large chunk of sponge. Very strange. On the way home we spotted two roosting bald eagles.

We saw dolphins on the way out that followed our wake right behind the boat. Captain Rick had an experience with a dolphin landing in his boat this year. His UTube went viral and now National Geographic has interviewed him to be part of one of their articles. The downside of that is he is so booked we could hardly find a day to fish this year. This is the same fellow who connected Elizabeth up with her naturalist work two years ago as she works toward her Master Naturalist certification.

I wore my Eastside Cannery cap but it did not show up much in the photos.

Man,  are we tired!!!!!!!!!!!!








































 

No comments:

Post a Comment