Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Got about seven

I was out from about ten AM until 1 PM.  I missed quite a few when I could not hook the nibblers.  I suppose they were smaller bluegills.  They stole the bait.
I fished in front of the house for a while.  There was a young blond fishing off the shore.  So that added to the scenery.
But I did not get much action, so I rowed out to the Second Lake Island, against the wind, and anchored in my traditionally favorite spot.  Very light action, but I managed to get a few and I guess for this time of year, that is good.

The lake was very quiet.

Color is just starting.

The wind was slight, sometimes not there at all, and it did not shift too much so I had an easy row,  well....mostly a drift.....back home.

We hope to have them for a big breakfast tomorrow as a steak has been thawed and should be cooked today.  Actually, it is being cooked as I write.

The roosters were quite until about noon.  That was unusual.
We are getting eggs from a nearby place, someone with real free range chickens eating for the most part in the yard.  The yolks are a deep orange unlike anything in supermarkets.  I hope they keep supplying.  She is limiting customers now, but put us on the list.  Perhaps we'll get bounced off when we snowbird to Florida.

One perch in the batch today.

My new oars come tomorrow. 
Very cool.  This one with the thin plastic extended still makes a huge amount of noise.

It is a wonderful Autumn day. We'll eat on the deck.  I have flashbacks to Buffalo Saturday nights when my Mom would cook steak and the smells would mix with the smells of Autumn.  Many changes since then, but at least I don't have to collect on the paper route.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment