Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday afternoon, September 7

I replaced the broken oar extender using some of the heavier gray pipe I bought to make oars.  Elizabeth ordered some 9 foot oars for my birthday at a decent price on Ebay.  So, I'll have plenty for the Fall rowing.

After two days of sluggishness I finally rowed out, going against a solid wind into the Third Lake.  The new pipe is much more rigid and does not make that squawking that woke up neighbor Chuck one morning. 

Chuck's grandkids were over today with a fine 24 inch pickerel they caught.  I cleaned and froze it for some future supper.



I anchored off the island in the old spot I fished so many years.  In fact, the 26 inch pickerel I showed the boys mounted on the wall was caught right where I was fishing today.  Using something called Crappie Gulp on twister tail jigs I caught a bucket of bluegills.  I'll clean them soon.

It is a perfect Fall day with sun and a good wind and little humidity.  I love this weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment