Saturday, September 27, 2014

New Oars




I unwrapped the new nine foot oars today, thinking I'd have to seal them with Thompson's Water Sealer.  However, they had a nice finish on them already, so all I had to do was put on the oar lock hardware.  The bolt was too short.  This means these oars are greater in circumference than the 8 foot oars. 
Nice. 
I bought two bolts at Tremont's for 66 cents and I was ready to go.  The bracket fit just fine.
These oars have a longer paddle area than the other oars, and so they should grip more water. 
They seemed to work just fine, and the boat rowed easily and well even into the wind.

I tired quickly.
This Humira shot has tired me out.
So, I'm resting before I head out again this afternoon.
While resting I made a CD of some Perry Como music.  I got almost an entire 2 albums on one CD.  Should be great car company.

Last week I found a nice old short oar at a flea market for just $5, and so I have quite a few choices if I want to launch a smaller boat or use oars for decoration in the house.

Neighbor Chuck came over and I told him I would not be waking him up anymore with the squeaking of those plastic extenders.  I'll enjoy not hearing them as well.

Evening:
I went out just before sunset and rowed against the wind up to the spot off the Second Lake Island.  One bluegill only.  I had some nibbles but no other decent hits.  Used a jig and a fish eye, saving the worms for tomorrow.

There is color in the trees that is just wonderful.  Plenty of boats out slowly cruising to see the leaves. 

I drifted home and locked the boat up for the night. 
Prairie Home is a repeat but delightful just the same. 
Supper was a couple slices of left over steak done in left over mushroom onion and mixed veggied done in left over kale and garlic butter with some shreaded cheese.

It all tasted really good with a bit of Fautine VII red wine, tempranillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment