Sunday, October 12, 2014

Boating with Casey

Casey and I went out in the boat.
It had water from recent rain, so I winched it up on the ramp and Casey removed the plug, let the water drain and then put it back in again.
It took him a while to get the idea of it, but he finally did.  
It was great to have that help.  It is quite a job for me and I can't do it until the boat is really jacked up a long way.
I bought a come along at Harbor Freight and I hope I can rig that up as a better way to winch up the boat than this rope winch.
We'll see.
I haven't had much energy for doing it yet.
It was a cool day and there was rain just before, and then it stopped.

 We dressed warm and were very comfortable

He wanted to go under the tunnel and into the third lake again.  So we did.  We rowed out to the island and around it, noting the rock piles constructed by local kids.  Interesting.  We fished a bit, but there were no bites.  At first it was weedy and then nothing anyway.
This is a shot from a previous trip when Casey and Peter caught these off the dock

I froze them and we had them for breakfast, Casey liking to taste his big bullhead.



It was a great day.  In the afternoon we went up to George Klapp's party and Casey had a grand time there.  Animals and hay rides and a kid with a real drone.  And plenty of good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment