Monday, October 20, 2014

Probably the last day of catching fish

Yesterday I tried to pull the boat out with the van and got stuck on the wet grass.  We had to call a tow using AAA.  The fellow was nice and pulled the boat up as well.  The guy was 83 and worked with his teen grandson.  We tipped the kid $40.

So today I got the boat twisted about and turned over to rest on the picnic table.  It looks very good.

I fished off the float dock and for a while thought I'd get nothing.  Nothing bit on the jig.  Then I just put on a number 6 this Aberdeen hook and a bit of worm and I caught a half dozen, including two large perch. They bit right off the float.  Nothing bit very far from the float.  Perhaps the fish shelter under it.

I sat in the old UB chair and just enjoyed the Autumn day.

Later we had the fish with a bit of oyster stew and salad.  A good last supper before I head out to the land of buffets, Las Vegas where I'll be hoping to catch a very different sort of fish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment