Saturday, October 4, 2014

Light Rain

Hardly enough to gather much depth in the boat, just a constant myth.

I cleaned the four fish that were in the refrigerator overnight, but I did not fish today.

We've been going out all day, changing the destinations.  Now we are geared for the movies and a good restaurant.  Soon it will be time.

I kept the fish all day under the faucet outside with just a steady drip feeding that water.  Even the white perch was alive and the other three bluegills were very, very feisty as were the fish I took from the bucket two days ago.  I guess the cold water helps.  Then the steady dip much give just enough new oxygen.  It is a fine system for keeping fish caught in the morning and cleaned at night.

However, cleaning fish from the refrigerator works great.  It is especially easy to pop eyeballs for bait because the fish is dead.  And I don't have to worry about losing one in the weeds around the deck.  I clean now with gloves as I have been getting cuts on my fingers and they have been getting little infections.  The gloves work great.

I also used the umbrella for the first time to shield me from rain and it worked just fine. 

Cleaning four fish is nothing much, but it feels at my age like a dozen or so might have felt decades back.  Imagine, I used to clean 50 on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment