Saturday, May 24, 2014

Fishing with Casey

The fish were still lethargic, but there was no wind until we came home and that wind was in our favor.  The rowing was very easy.  Maybe a bit too easy for exercise.

We had a great debate about what Casey was going to wear.  He can be stubborn.. I was determined he dress in old clothes that worm dirt or hook punctures could not hurt.   It was cool, so he needed something more than we brought, but my short sleeve shirts work as full body covering for him and that went very well.

He was a little unsure about helping me launch the boat, but he took the rope, carried it to the end of the dock, wrapped it around a post and held on to it while I pushed the boat out into the lake.  That is so helpful for me. 

He does a great job at the fishing.  He listens and tries to do what I show him.  He hooked two fish that got off and then he hooked one and set the hook so that one came in.  I had the same number of hits, but I brought in three fish.

A light rain just threatened us.

And then it was time to get back.  He had had plenty and was quite excited about his day.  He liked watching my clean the fish and we'll send them along with him so his dad has a taste.

Sorry, but I did not take any pictures this time.

He and Boppie are up at Jeff's pond searching for frogs.

I was very happy to have solved the winch problems yesterday.  I'm confident it will lift the boat.  I'll leave water out of it next time. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment