Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pickerel in a pan

So, I decided just to collect all the fish photos.
I'll start with the last one.
 
Here is the fish right after I caught it with Peter yesterday.
 
THE FIRST PICKEREL OF THE SEASON
 
Here is the fish baked in the old manner developed long before food needed to be healthy in my early Burden Lake days.
My first wife Margot used to actually make a gravy with the fish droppings and the bacon.  Well, we were no so decadent that we went that far.  But her gravy was very, very good.
 
 
Of course back in the day we did not know about parchment paper.  What a wonderful invention! All the frustration of sticking fish or the idea of flipping them with all that bacon going every which way is just gone.  This guy was a delightful breakfast for Elizabeth and I.  I love the way she enjoys these fish.
 

1 comment: