Sunday, May 11, 2014

Moving back a bit here are some photos of the boat and the early fishing.

 Chuck, the Dean of Bass, went along with me for the first real fishing expedition in the new boat.  He liked the boat.  He liked the fishing.  I guess he likes me.  If not, he is a masochist because he keeps coming back for more.
 Here is a nice large  mouth that I released.  Minutes before I hooked a small mouth and brought it to the boat three times.  We got a good view, but it spit the hook so no photo.  Hey, it's the smallmouth's loss.
 Here Chuck and I fish where Elizabeth can use her camera.

 This is the new rowboat that has really changed my life.  It is 14 feet but very deep.  My five sons go together and bought it for me.  Some are a bit annoyed that I am making my own oars, but wait until you see them.  I want 9 foot plus oars and I have a plan. 


 Here is the grandkid Casey who got to go out on the first day, when the boat was launched just after it arrived.  He liked driving it.  The split seats made that easy.




These are the first bluegill of the season cooking in my Mom's way, floured and then fried.  One perch. That is Elizabeth's.  She deserves it.

She finally had her first ride and she loved it.  We motored over to the Third Lake and saw a juvenile loon there.  He let us get pretty close, dived, then came up fairly close.  We had forgotten camera and binoculars.
Decades ago son Keith and I spotted a deer swimming out there.  We were in the yellow canoe and probably looking for white perch.  It was quite a sight.  At first we spooked her out into the deeper water, but then we readjusted our position so that she would swim to the shore and the deep woods.  We watched her climb out.  It is the only time in my life that I have ever seen a deer swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment