Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday of chemicals and no bites

I went out after breakfast.
The water was beautiful.
A slight breeze.
I rowed over to Bruce's Perch Patch.

And nothing.

One pumpkinseed.

I fished perhaps 40 minutes when the airboat started treating the lake with weed killer.
So, I rowed home.

I'll toss the one pumpkinseed in the old live well and test whether it holds fish or not.

*********************
Later I hoisted the boat up and used the new line to pull the plug.  Seems very good.  It was still a hard crank, but it worked.  Perhaps I could use some smaller but stronger sort of line.  Also, I want to work on the shore so I have easy access to standing just to the right of the ramp when I hold the rope and pull it in.  Finally, I need to extend the rope a bit on the crank rig as it does not quite reach to hook up to the boat

No comments:

Post a Comment